Paediatric First Aid @ The Bling 2nd & 9th Nov 2019
Time & Location
About the event
We are hosting an Open Paediatric First Aid Training Event 2nd & 9th Nov 2019. If you would like to complete fully accredited qualifications in either the 1 day Emergency Paediatric First Aid, 1or 2 day Paediatric First Aid qualifications, this is the event for you. Training will take place between 10am & 5pm.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework requires all early years providers in England to have at least one person who has a current and full paediatric first aid certificate on the premises and available at all times when children are present. Providers should also take into account the number of children, staff and layout of the premises and increase their paediatric first aid provision accordingly to ensure that a paediatric first aider is available to respond to emergencies quickly.
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work.
Over a 2 day period, Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, including: assessing an emergency situation, dealing with an unresponsive infant or child, CPR, choking, meningitis, head and spinal injuries, anaphylaxis, asthma and more. Successful Learners will receive a personalised QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) e-certificate immediately after their results have been submitted. Alternatively, printed certificates are also available at no additional cost.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid£50£500£0
- Paediatric First Aid£70£700£0