Paediatric First Aid
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you a parent? Do you work with children? Would you know what to do if a child in your care needed first aid? The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework requires all early years providers in England to have at least one person who has a current and full paediatric first aid certificate on the premises and available at all times when children are present. Providers should also take into account the number of children, staff and layout of the premises and increase their paediatric first aid provision accordingly to ensure that a paediatric first aider is available to respond to emergencies quickly. The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
• Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
• Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
• Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the necessary skills to administer safe and effective treatment when dealing with a range of paediatric first aid situations
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid£40£400£0
- Paediatric First Aid£60£600£0